THE ANGLICAN PARISH OF WARRNAMBOOL

Father Scott Lowrey
Welcome

Welcome to our parish which is made up of the city of Warrnambool and some of the surrounding countryside. The first settlers were the Koori people who locally came to be known as the Gunditjmara. Their name for the area, Warrnambool, means "resting place between the waters". The waters being the Hopkins and Merri rivers. Warrnambool was declared a town on 30th January 1847 and the members of the Church of England borrowed the Port Fairy teacher to read prayers for them.
Our Vision is to be a caring, outward looking, growing Anglican community, effectively resourced for spiritual development, teaching the faith and creative worship.

We believe this Vision can be achieved by encouraging existing ministries and by the introduction of new forms of worship.

Fr Scott_edited.jpg

Verse of the day